Forget everything that you’ve heard about getting rich quick. The truth is there is no such thing as getting rich quick. The truth is if you want true financial knowledge, it is something that you acquire over time through experience and studying.
As such, I decided to put together a list of the top 5 books that I think you should read this year. While books like Rich Dad, Poor Dad, The Millionaire Next Door or the Automatic Millionaire are great books that you normally see on the list of the top personal finance books, I wanted to stretch your mind by making you aware of some other great financial books full of financial knowledge.
The top 5 books to read this year are:
1. I Will Teach You To Be Rich by Author Ramit Sethi – This is a must read book by Author Ramit Sethi . It offers in plaing English with great simplicity how to create financial security. It explains saving, investing, budgeting and banking in a hip, trendy way. It’s geared toward the 20-35 age group.
2. The Only Investment Guide You'll Ever Need by Andrew Tobias. Want sound investment advice? Want to learn how to navigate and understand the world of treasury bills, mutual funds, Roth IRA, municipal bonds and other financial vehicles? If so, this is a MUST read. This book is a pretty entertaining but informative read.
3. Living Simply with Children: A Voluntary Simplicity Guide for Moms, Dads, and Kids Who Want to Reclaim the Bliss of Childhood and the Joy of Parenting by Marie Sherlock
– If you have your finances in order and you want to help your kids avoid the debt and rat race trap, this is a great book on how to raise kids who aren’t materialistic.
4. The Ultimate Depression Survival Guide: Protect Your Savings, Boost Your Income, and Grow Wealthy Even in the Worst of Times by Martin Weiss This books shows you how to create a financial roadmap that proves successful even in the worst economic climate.
5. The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness
by Dave Ramsey – If you want to get started on the path to financial freedom, this book is a must have for you. This book is very practical and shows you how to do everything including how to get out of debt.